Can't get enough Mayofest / didn't make it this year? Welcome to Mocktoberfest!
Mocktoberfest is Mayofest's little brother. An event celebrating all things Oktoberfest.... but not in October.
Great food, great music and of course great beer! Come out and celebrate with us and share a meal!
This year we will be having a harvest potluck on the Saturday. Bring something to share from your garden or maybe your favorite fall dish :)
How do I get to Mayofest?
Getting to Mayofest is really about getting into a state of mind. You have to be ready for adventure and have an open mind (and a tolerance for dirt roads).
- Please don't be drinking and driving before the festival. We're not sure who would do this but please don't, it's really dumb.
- The drive from the turn off from the highway to the Mayofest site is bumpy, rough dirt road and is not friendly to lowered cars. Please keep that in mind when thinking about if your car can make the journey..
- We have 2 parking areas, which are staffed by volunteer security. Please do not park on the highway! It's a really bad idea and it can get us in trouble with the city.
Step 1: Drive to French Road, Mayo, QC:
Drive here (tap / click the red point on the map to navigate there. Or follow this link: Google maps) :
Step 2: Drive down French Road until you get to event site.
- From the 315, turn onto French road (this is the rough dirt road mentioned above).
- Keep right at every fork until you see a sign saying "Slow your Ass Down".
- ...Slow your ass down...it's a little bumpy here.
- You'll find the first of 2 parking lots down the hill. For large events you may be met by our parking lot volunteers who will help you with parking as well as unloading your stuff. You may also be directed to drive to the second parking lot.
- You will be picked up by our Mayofest transport, that will take you and your gear from the parking area to the site.
You're here! Now what?
Check in at the Tuck Shop to get your Mayofest bracelet and get all the important info for the weekend. If you haven't pre-registered online or bought your entrance the Tuck Shop is where you register and pay for your admission. You can also get your Mayobucks there.
We have a lake!
Treehouses and pods!
And of course, FIRE!
CODE OF CONDUCT
At its core, Lumberjack Lakes and Suns (LLS) seeks to foster community and creative expression. As such, all members, organizers, volunteers, performers, and anyone else present at events or at the mayofest site are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct;
We expect everyone to care for themselves, those around them, and their environment and surroundings . Please report anything of concern to a LLS staff member or volunteer.
Discrimination will not be tolerated. This includes any action or decision that treats a person or a group poorly for reasons such as, but not limited to: race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics.
Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes offensive or discriminatory verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Anybody who is asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately.
Violence or assault of any kind will not be tolerated.
Theft from or the willful and malicious destruction of property belonging to the organization, its members or attendees will not be tolerated.
Excessive public intoxication will not be tolerated.
Any action which threatens the safety of others or yourself will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: drunk driving, the careless use of tools or weapons, the construction of booby traps outside of zombie apocalypses, and the construction of unsafe structures or buildings
Violation of any event specific rules such as outside alcohol bans, parking rules, entering closed areas, or other such rules, as may be communicated from time to time, will not be tolerated.
Everybody is expected to follow instructions from LLS staff and volunteers at all times.
Failure to comply with these expectations are grounds for removal, suspension and/or banning from any and all LLS sponsored events. In the event this occurs, no refund will be issued. If the severity of an incident requires it, law enforcement will be contacted.